Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Gathering reference images, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When you model a complex object such as a vehicle,…it always helps to have really good reference.…So if you can, go find a vehicle that you want to…model, and take lots of pictures.…Now if you can't do that, there is also a lot…of reference available on the internet.…So for example if I were to go to Google and…type "Aston Martin DB5", you'll see that, well,…I get a lot of different images for that.…So you can certainly use these as reference,…or if you want you can get more specific with reference.…
Now, I've collected a couple of images here for us,…and these are images of the car that we are…going to model.…So what I want to do is get just a good overview…of it, and then also get some good details, like…where the fender hits the front end, the bumpers, and so on.…So all of this reference will help you…when modeling the vehicle.…So if you can, go ahead and get reference of the…vehicle that you want to model.…Another thing that can be helpful is to actually…get the blueprints of a car, so you can type,…say "Aston Martin blueprints", and you should be…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.