Join Christian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Flatten and unflatten materials, part of PBR Materials with Blender & Quixel.
- [Voiceover] We've talked about grouping which is a…good way to keep materials organized in DDO,…but flattening is a way to keep materials hidden from you…so that you don't make mistakes with them.…It's just a good way to pack up your materials…once you're happy with them in the DDO interface.…To flatten a material, we got to our DDO interface…and right-click on a material.…You'll see here's flatten all layers below…and flatten all layers.…I'm going to flatten all layers in this case.…
We'll click on that, DDO's gonna take…care of the flattening for us and you'll find that your…materials disappear from the DDO interface at this point.…Now, this is completely non-destructive.…Your materials are fine, it hasn't compressed them,…it hasn't changed your maps at all.…It's basically just removed them from the DDO interface…so that you can't click on them…or make any unnecessary changes.…To unflatten your layers and see them again,…we just right-click and hit unflatten and your materials…are back just the way that you saw them before.…
By the end of the course, you should be excited about and more comfortable with the Quixel Suite and the Blender import and export system. This workflow is suitable for game assets, models destined for animation, visual effects, and more.
- What is PBR?
- Exporting a mesh from Blender
- Loading maps in Quixel DDO
- Making textures with DDO
- Setting up lighting in 3DO
- Flattening materials
- Using NDO
- Sculpting and painting normal maps
- Finishing materials with dust, dirt, and patina
- Rendering the project in 3DO