- [Voiceover] And here we are.…I think I've pretty much finished up…the modeling of the motorcycle.…And once again, there isn't anything here that I've done…that we haven't already gone over.…So, things like the disc brakes over here.…All I've done is created another cylinder,…and then created the cutting objects.…I have them over here.…So this is the cutting object I used,…just cylinders, and these here are…just a quarter of a cylinder,…extruded and put in place.…
So, it's the same process.…I just used the boolean modifier…with the difference operation.…And then all I did was just duplicated it…and moved it back here.…I've added little connecting pieces…so for these pipes here, I've added these little couplings.…I've converted these paths to geometry…and selected these faces, extruded them,…used alt s to expand them out…and then inserted a few edge loops to hold the edges.…
In the middle of the motorcycle,…you can see there's quite a bit of stuff going on in here,…it's kind of a black material…but it's hard to see what it actually is.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.