Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the hood, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- I've go ahead and touched up some of the details,…and now we have a complete front end with headlight opening.…I've made this headlight opening a little bit more circular.…We also have, now, a second object here called Light Cover,…which will cover up that.…We still need to do the trim and stuff for that,…but it looks pretty good.…The next thing we need to do is the hood.…Also, there is a hole on the side of the vehicle.…In fact, you can see that right about here.…In fact, let's go ahead and do that first.…
We're going to do this hole first,…and then we'll do the hood scoop,…and we should have the front end pretty much complete.…I'm going to go into my Side view here,…select my object, and in order to see what's behind this,…I'm going to go into my Object panel…and scroll down to Display,…and let's just display this object as Wire.…We're going to go into Edit more here.…We need some detail around here in order to make this hole.…We don't have enough detail over here on the left side.…
First off, let's go ahead and add in some edge loops here.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.