Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the front end, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- So, now I've roughed out the front end…and the hood of the vehicle.…And now I can start finishing off the details.…I'm gonna start with the front end.…We're gonna work on the grill opening…and the headlights.…So, I'm going to go ahead and select my vehicle here.…And let's go into Edit Mode by hitting Tab.…Now, what I wanna do is just do some extruding here.…I'm gonna go into Face Mode…and just select the faces…that represent the opening for this vehicle's grill.…
And then I'm going to extrude.…Now, at first, I'm gonna extrude…just a little bit.…Now, the reason I'm doing that is…I want this first extrude to be fairly shallow,…and the reason is that it will make the corner fairly tight.…The corner's gonna be determined…by the depth of this edge loop.…And once I have that, I can extrude again…to actually get the full depth of that opening.…Now, I'm not exactly sure how deep I need this to be…so I'm just gonna kind of…arbitrarily bring it in about this much.…
And I can certainly adjust it later if needed.…Now, once I have this deleted,…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.