Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing and fitting the wheels, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- I've gone ahead and finished off that knockoff bolt…and you can see here, if I hit tab,…what I've done is basically I just did one smoothing…using subdivision surface and then…I've kind of modeled it into place.…Now I've also unhidden the rest of the tire parts,…and now we need to duplicate these.…Now I have a lot of different parts for this wheel.…So I'm going to basically condense this down a little bit.…Now, if I wanted to I could create a hierarchy,…but in this case I'm going to join everything together…since all of these will be the same material,…I can do that pretty easily.…
So I'm going to start off by selecting the spokes,…the front spokes, this hub,…the knockoff bolt, and then the rim last.…And then once I have that, I can just do a join,…and that just joins all of the geometry together.…And since I selected the rim last, that's the name it gives.…So now I want to make the tire a child of this rim.…So I'm going to select the tire, select the rim,…go object, parent, object, object.…
So now what it's done is it's taken this rim…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.