Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the exhaust pipes and adding tubes, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- [Voiceover] Now let's go ahead and work…on these tubes here.…I think we can use the path tool once again for this.…So let's go ahead and go to the Create tab…and click Path, let's press RY90 to rotate it,…and I'll scale it down a bit.…Let's move this to layer two with M and two,…and now I'll just go to that layer…so we can see things a little better.…I'll move this up into place,…and I think what I want to do is move it…so it's right over this one right here…and it looks to me like this bottom one curls under here,…this top one right here goes on up in here…and then there's this piece that goes up through here.…
So it's a little bit convoluted, but I'm think…I'm going to work with this what I'm seeing here.…So I'm gonna place this right along say,…here and tab into edit mode,…and I'm gonna go ahead and extrude out of here…and follow the general shape of this piece,…right here, like that.…And then down here I'll hit E and follow this one here.…
Now, let's go ahead and tumble around and bring back…the rest of the bike, and let's pull this out…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.