Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning materials, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now we've got our scene starting to render…and we can start working on some more materials.…So I'm gonna render what we have.…Now the next step I want to do is…let's go ahead towards the grill.…We've created an anisotropic reflective surface,…but let's go ahead and add a different type…of reflective surface onto the grill.…So I'm going to select my grill,…go over to my materials panel…and I have a material called grill.…For this one I want to use what's called…a glossy node, so I'm gonna select my node here…and use a glossy and this is just another…reflective node that looks very similar…to anisotropic, but it reflects in a different way.…
So it's gonna look a little bit more like…shiny paint rather than metallic.…Now another thing I'm noticing here…is that this little plane inside here…is not textured,…so I'm going to find that.…I think it's called plane, if that's the one?…Yeah, that's the one, so you can see…that this doesn't have material,…but I do have material out there called black…and that should pretty much take care of that.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.