Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning UV mapping, part of Blender Essential Training.
At this point, we should have our character basically unwrapped, but we don't…have our flat pieces fitted to our image, and that's what we are going to do in this lesson:…we're going to fine-tune the mapping.…So I'm going to go ahead and start by selecting each individual island.…So I am going to make sure I'm in Island Select mode here and just right-click…on the island that's his arm and hit S to scale. And I just want to scale that…down enough so that I can hit G for grab and position it over a part of the mesh…that's all purple, so somewhere like right around there.…
And I can do the same for this other one: right-click on it, hit S for scale, G…for grab, and I might have to scale this down little bit more.…And as I move it, you can see how it actually affects what's going on in this…viewport here. So I am going to hit G for grab to move this and again, I may…have to scale this down just a little bit more.…So now I've got that off to the side, so now my arms are purple.…And I also want to take the back of the character and again keep him purple.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.