Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finalizing a simple creature , part of Blender Essential Training.
Once the character's hands are stitched to the body, the character is pretty…close to being finished.…Now, we do have a few things that we should do as we start to finalize this mesh.…One is, we still need to fit the eyes to the eye socket.…So the eyes are going to be just simple Spheres, so let's just go ahead and…add in a UV Sphere.…Now, this comes in a little bit big, so we definitely want to scale that down…to about the size of that eye socket, and let's go ahead and just move that into place.…
And I'm just kind of getting it pretty close.…Now, one of the things I'm kind of realizing is that the eye might be a little…bit big, but actually, it's nice to have the eye a little bit bigger than the…eye socket, that gives you a little bit more room to play with.…So maybe I can scale it down just a hair, but not too much.…You don't want it so it's inside the eye socket, you actually want it a little bit bigger.…And now, once I have that, then all I have to do is select my mesh, go into Edit…Mode, and then just kind of tweak the position of those edges here.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.