Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finalizing the front fender, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now I have part of the headlight in place here.…You can see we've got the outline for the headlight.…I basically just sculpted this body into a reasonable shape…that looks fairly smooth.…Again, we can always tweak this as we move forward.…Now, the next thing we need to do is…start doing the inside of this front fender.…I'm going to start by finishing off the headlight.…What I want to do is actually take some faces.…I'm going to go into Edit mode,…make sure Faces are turned on,…and I'm going to select these eight faces right here.…
I'm going to duplicate them and mirror them.…I can duplicate them by hitting control + d,…and that duplicates those faces…and it keeps them within the model.…Then I'm going to scale them the opposite direction,…so I'm going to scale them through zero…and back into a negative space…and then kind of move them in.…Now what I need to do is just snap these together,…and we should have kind of almost like a mirror image…of that headlight.…
Let's go into Vertex mode, turn on Snap,…make sure that Auto Merge is turned on.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.