Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Final render, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now that we have our lights and our materials in place,…we can start working on our final render.…I'm going to just turn on rendered mode here…in the Viewport, just to see what we have.…You can see that we've got the vehicle…pretty much the way that we want.…Now, before we do a final render though,…we need to do a few things.…Now the first thing I want to do…is add just a little bit more light into the scene…and we could do that by creating…what's called ambient occlusion.…We can go into the World tab…and if we scroll down you'll see there's a roll out here…called Ambient Occlusion.…
Now this adds bounced lighting to the scene…so it adds additional light.…If you take a look at this scene…you'll see that the background is kind of gray.…It's not fully lit.…If we switch on Ambient Occlusion watch what happens.…Instantly, the light changes…and that's because we're adding bounce…or secondary lighting into the scene.…There's light bouncing off the white background…and that's adding additional illumination.…
Now we can control Ambient Occlusion,…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.