Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Extrusions, part of Blender Essential Training.
Probably one of the most important tools in any mesh modeling program is the…Extrude Tool, and Blender is no different, the Extrude Tool is used a lot.…So let's take a look at how to use it.…I have two objects here, I'm going to go ahead and select the cylinder by…right-clicking on it and let's go ahead and tab into that.…Let's go ahead and take a look at how to extrude on faces first.…So I'm going to hit Ctrl+Tab and go into Face Mode, and let's just go ahead and…select just one face here and let's just see how this tool works.…
Now if we go to our Mesh Tools palette, we have two options here.…One is Extrude Region, one is Extrude Individual.…For a single face, these two work identically.…So I'm just going to go ahead and hit Extrude Region, and then move my…mouse right and left.…And you can see that when I move it to the left, it makes a little hole and it…makes an extrusion when I move it to the right.…Left-click cancels it.…So there I have some additional geometry.…
So you can see how this can be used to make branches or arms on a character,…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.