Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting models from Blender, part of Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unity.
- Now that we have our textures applied to our objects,…we can begin thinking about taking these assets into Unity.…There are a couple of different ways…that we could export these out of Blender.…As we saw earlier on, I can just save this as a Blend file…and drag that into Unity.…But when we did this before,…there was really nothing else in the scene.…Now we have a lot of other objects in the scene.…We need to be able to export objects out individually,…and one way to do that is just to go to File, Export,…and, for our file type,…I think the best one to use in this situation is the FBX,…and that's simply because,…when we were dragging our Blend file into Unity earlier,…Unity was then using Blender's own FBX converter…to convert the file to something that Unity could use.…
So now, as we're exporting the individual items,…we might as well use the FBX converter now…and do the conversion here.…So I'll click FBX…and, over here in the export settings,…I'm going to choose Selected Objects,…so only that object that I selected will be exported.…
- Testing the scale
- Modeling buildings and pipes
- Creating walkways
- UV mapping
- Creating textures
- Importing the scene in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working in Scale
2. Modeling the Buildings and Pipes
3. Modeling the Walkways
4. UV Mapping the Scene
5. Creating Materials and Textures
6. Importing the Scene into Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.