Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting a UV map, part of Blender: UV Mapping.
- Now that we have our mustard bottle UV map.…It's time to export the map…so we can give it some color.…To export the map,…just press A to select all,…and then go to the UV's menu and choose…Export UV Layout.…I'll browse to where I'd like to put it,…give it a name,…bottle UVs…and click Export UV Layout.…Now in Adobe Photoshop,…I'll go to file, open…and open that image up.…
So here is our UV map.…This is the template on which we can paint…or put images on,…or really whatever we like to do.…Let's change the name of this layer to UVs.…Now the UV layout was saved as a PNG file,…and that carries transparency with it.…So whatever I put on layers lower than this one,…I'll be able to see the wire frame over it.…So I'll create another layer and pull it down…below the UVs.…
Now we'll just paint some simple blocks of color.…Maybe a yellow for the bottle,…and a reddish color for the cap.…And I also did some Googling and found a nice…mustard label on the Internet.…So I'll copy and paste it into the UV layout,…and scale it and move it to that shell…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.