Join David Andrade for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore Arthur's face and how facial rigs work, part of Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blender.
- Arthur's face is a feature film quality rig,…and has over 100 controls by itself.…In this lesson, we'll dive deeper into how it all works.…Now, in order to use Arthur's face,…we're going to need to make sure that our Toolkit is on.…To activate it, hit T,…and make sure you have BlenRig 5 tab clicked.…Now we only need Facial 1 activated,…we don't need the body or any of the other facials.…So make sure that those are all off.…
Now, when you're selecting the controls,…you may inadvertently select Arthur's geometry.…You'll know that because you won't be able to move anything,…and you'll see that all the red controls have disappeared.…To fix that, go up to the top right…here in the Outliner, and uncheck the mouse icons…for arthur_high and arthur_low.…Now, when you select Arthur's controls,…they'll turn red and you won't select anything else…by mistake.…You can also turn on X-Ray Mode…so you can see the controls better.…
In order to do that, just drag out this panel,…click on the little man, and go down to X-Ray…and check it.…
- Listening to the dialog clip
- Sketching out the animation framework
- Learning how character and facial rig works
- Blocking key character poses
- Getting feedback
- Adjusting appendages
- Matching dialog to the animation
- Cleaning up frames with the Graph Editor
- Lighting and rendering the animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
1. Where it All Begins, Storytelling, and Planning
2. Meet Arthur
3. Character Animation
4. Refine the Details
5. A Brief Overview of Render Settings in Blender
6. And It Never Ends
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.