Diving deeper into the Draw function of a panel, in this video you will explore the different layout types and structures. By using rows, columns, boxes and other UI elements such as these, you can make any panel look exactly how you want.
- [Instructor] Now that we have…our working Hello panel script, let's actually dive further…into the draw function and see what other…user-interface elements we can create.…Firstly, I'm going to rearrange my user interface…a little bit, so I can see my text-editor…and my panel a little bit easier.…Firstly I'm gonna collapse the 3D-view.…And then as well as the console, by using the window handles…and then I'm going to drag over my properties window…a little bit farther.…Next, let's look at the draw function some more.…
The most important thins to first understand…is the idea of the self.layout.…Layout is the way that we can access…all of the draw elements of the UI panel.…In fact it's used so commonly…that typically a convenience variable is created,…simply named layout.…By creating layout = self.layout,…you're creating a linked copy of the self.layout object.…Then through layout, we're able to create…all of our user-interface elements, such as another label.…
So I've just entered a somewhat long string of text…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Controlling Blender with code
- Exploring the bpy library
- Creating Blender operators and properties
- Writing scripts
- Auto running scripts
- Drawing interface elements such as panels and menus
- Building a custom add-on
Skill Level Intermediate
Introduction to Data Analysis with Pythonwith Michele Vallisneri2h 16m Intermediate
1. Controlling Blender through Code
2. Create Blender Scripts
3. Customize Blender Interfaces
4. Build Your Own Add-On
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.