Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the trunk, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now we have the trunk blocked out,…but we need to create this kind of hump…that's in the middle of the trunk.…You can see it a little bit better…if I turn this into wireframe.…You can see that the back of this trunk…has a hump that transitions into the…rear window and the roof.…And we need to make sure that…we have enough detail to create that.…So I'm going to go into edit mode here.…And what we need is we need,…basically detail along this edge.…
Now the way I see it,…this is basically just a box that's been…squared off.…So we've got mostly horizontal detail up here,…mostly vertical detail here,…and we've got a 45 degree point where it transitions.…So I need some detail to hit that 45 degree point,…and then we can model around it.…So I'm going to start off with adding in an edge loop.…Going to add in a loop right around here,…and this will create my 45 degree point.…But I need another edge loop right about here.…
So really, I just want to center both of these…on this 45 degree point.…And then I'm going to push this detail back,…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.