Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the headlights, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now let's go ahead and move on…to the front part of the fender.…We're gonna work on mostly the headlight,…as well as the rest of the detailing…around that front fender.…Before we do that, let's take a look at some reference.…I've got some images here of that headlight…and, if you'll see, it's basically an oval shape here…that contains a circular headlamp.…So we see this a little bit more from the front,…you'll see that this headlamp is basically a circle.…In fact, you can probably see this a little bit better…if we go into this blueprint.…
This is a circle.…But the headlamp cover itself is more oval or egg-shaped.…So we need to get this shape.…Let's keep this in mind as we start modeling.…Now, in order to model, I'm just gonna go ahead…and select my object here.…Before I do anything, I'm gonna rename it.…Right now it's called "plane"…because, well, that's the object that we started with.…But let's go ahead and change it…to something more descriptive.…I'm gonna change it to "body."…And now I'm gonna hit Tab, go into Edit mode.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.