Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the handlebars, part of Blender: Model a Motorcycle.
- [Voiceover] For the pieces on the handlebars…I think we just need to put some basic shapes in…to get the proportions correct,…and then we can work on creating more detail,…perhaps in the materials.…But what we can do is work on this piece,…the actual brake grip, we can work on this cylindrical piece…and this cube-like piece right here.…I think first of all, I'm gonna…work on this cylindrical piece,…which is this piece here with the buttons,…so let's work on that.…
I'm gonna come over here to a brand new layer…and for this, I'll begin with a cylinder…and I will reduce the number of sides from 32 to, say, 12.…I think that's all we need.…I'll change the cap fill from Ngon to Triangle Fan,…so we have triangles here instead of…just one big 12 sided polygon.…I'll rotate this around the y-axis…with R + Y + Nine + Zero and Enter.…
And now i'll scale it to size with S and X,…and scale that in just a bit.…Now to get this part where the buttons are,…I think what I'll do is just select a few faces,…I'll press Control + Tab and then I'll hit the Three key…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.