Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Deforming a character with an armature, part of Blender Essential Training.
When you get your armature fitted to the mesh, the next step is to deform the…mesh to the armature.…So let me show you what I have here in Wireframe mode.…You can see I've got this armature here, and I have got basically right and left…legs and I also have some extensions here on the spine just to help with…deformation of the body itself.…And so now that I have all of this in place, I can now deform the mesh using the armature.…
So the way that we do that is we select the mesh and then we Shift+Select the armature.…So the armature is the last thing selected.…Then under Object, we do Parent > Set > Armature Deform, or we can just do it by…hitting Ctrl+P, and this will say Armature Deform.…Do we want to do it With Empty Groups, Envelope Weights, or Automatic Weights?…Envelope Weights uses the weights that surround each bone to deform the mesh.…
Automatic just gives it its best guess. For this character, Automatic…should work fairly well,…so let's go ahead and just select that. And now that we have it, it's…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.