- To create a UV map for any object, we first…need to go into edit mode by hitting the tab key.…All of the components of our object are usually…selected when entering edit mode, but if not,…hit the A key to toggle the selection…and make sure it's all selected.…Then you can either go to the shading UVs tab…and select the unwrap dropdown menu, or you can…press the U key to bring up the same menu.…We'll be going over most of the selections…found in this menu, but for now,…let's select cube projection.…Cube projection creates an imaginary cube…around the object and then projects the object's…geometry out onto those six planes.…
The size of this imaginary cube can be adjusted…in the cube projection panel…that appears on the tool shelf.…If I adjust the cube size it will change…the size of my UV map.…You can also clip the bounds of your UV map,…or scale the map to fit into the zero to one space.…Notice the clip function simply chops off…some of the UV islands to fit,…whereas the scale reduces the size…of all the islands uniformly.…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.