Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the wheels, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- [Voiceover] It looks like we're going to need…to use booleans again to create the wheel…for the motorcycle.…I think what I'll do is select the front tire…and I'll zoom in with the Period key…and I'll move the cursor to here as well.…So I'll press Shift, S, and cursor two selected.…And now when I create a cylinder…it'll pop into that point right there.…Now, we're gonna need a lot more sides to this…because we can't smooth it.…So what let's do is, let's go ahead and increase…the number of vertices up to, say, 100.…
And we've got Triangle Fan selected here.…So with that done I'll press R, Y, nine, zero,…and I'll scale it in the X, so S, X…and we'll scale this in.…I think I will move this to the third layer…M, three,…and then go to the third layer and take a look at that.…So now I can see it to scale it in on the X,…and it looks to me like maybe about…that thick, let's say?…So I'll go to the side view and orthographic view…and there we have it.…
Let me see if we need to scale it down anymore,…maybe about right...…Like that.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.