Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating texture for the pathway, part of Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unity.
- Let's now take a look…at creating textures for the pathway,…the pathway I have down here in this layer.…And for this, I think we'll need to go to the same process.…I'm going to come over here to the UV Editing Screen Layout…and I'll select the pathway…and Tab into Edit mode.…And with all of the UV Island selected,…I will go to UVs and Export UV Layout.…These two I will put in my texture's folder.…
But for this one, I'm going to make…the resolution of this pretty large.…We can always reduce the size of any textured map…based on the requirements of the game…but we can never increase the size once we've saved it out.…If I saved it as a low resolution,…say 512 or 1024…and we actually needed it at 2048 or 4096,…scaling up the resolution would cause…blurring and pixelization.…
So I'm going to begin this pretty high.…I'll use 4096…to create this particular UV layout…and I'll call this pathwayUVs.…All right, so let's go to the Photoshop and open it up.…Here in Photoshop I'll go to File, Open.…And in the textures folder,…
- Testing the scale
- Modeling buildings and pipes
- Creating walkways
- UV mapping
- Creating textures
- Importing the scene in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working in Scale
2. Modeling the Buildings and Pipes
3. Modeling the Walkways
4. UV Mapping the Scene
5. Creating Materials and Textures
6. Importing the Scene into Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.