Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text, part of Blender Essential Training.
Now, let's take a look at how to create text in Blender.…I'm going to go ahead and just start with File>New, and we're just going to…start with a blank file here.…I'm going to go ahead and right-click on this Cube and delete it, and that way…we have some free space with which to work.…So the first thing I'm going to do is go ahead and Add some Text.…And when we do, well, the word Text comes up, and there is our text.…Now, if you want to edit the text, just like you would do with a mesh, you go…into Edit Mode, you do the same for text.…
So when I go into Edit Mode, a little cursor comes up, and I can hit my…Backspace and I can type whatever I want.…So you can basically just type, and then when you hit Tab to go back into Object…Mode, you're in Object Mode.…Now, when we have text, we have a special tab here in the Properties Panel for the Text.…So we can have a number of options here, such as what's the Resolution for Render.…In other words, how much does it in-between that shape.…
And do we want to Fill both the Front, the Back, or None.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.