Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a test animation, part of Blender Essential Training.
Let's go ahead and set up this character in a simple scene so that way we can animate him.…Now I already do have a camera in the scene and if we want, we can just animate…to that camera. So if I hit numpad 0, you can see that I have a camera set up,…and we can use that to animate to.…But I do want to have a couple of viewports open so that way…I can see him from the top or the left view,…so I am going to go ahead and rearrange my layout here.…I am going to left-click on the top corner here, and I am just going to drag out…another window here, and we will just make that a regular perspective window.…
And then over here on the left side, I am going to go to my top-right corner,…drag this down, and we can make this into a top view by hitting 7.…So that way I have a couple of different views into my scene and I can still use…my camera here in the bottom-left corner to see exactly how the scene looks.…So let's go ahead and make this character take one step into the scene and wave to the camera.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.