Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the speedometer, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- (Voiceover) To create the speedometer,…let's go through pretty much the same process again.…Let's create a cube and begin molding it to shape.…So I'll go back to the side view…and let's take a look at it up here.…Here it is, I'll go to a new layer,…and I'll create a Cube, and let's go to…Wire Frame and move it up into place.…And now if we tab into Edit mode,…we can begin moving these points into place.…So I'll just grab these points with the border select…and move them to get that basic shape.…
I'll go ahead and tumble around and take a look at it…and I'll bring the rest of the motorcycle back…so we can see how wide it is,…and for this let's go ahead and bring it in…in the X-axis and maybe about like this,…let's begin with this.…So I'll press Control + R and maybe insert…an edge loop here, and let's also do one here.…And now that allows us to grab these points…and just pull them up into place.…
Alright, now let's go ahead and add…a Subdivision Surface Modifier to this.…I'll add that over here.…Let's insert an edge loop up here to kind of…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.