Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating sky and ambient light, part of Blender Essential Training.
When you start rendering scenes, there are many times when you'll need a…background to go behind your objects.…Take a look at this house, for example.…We have basically a black background behind the house, and this is the Blender default.…Now typically, if the house isn't being shot at night, you'd want to see…something like a sky or something behind that house that isn't black. Well, we can…change this by using the World settings within Blender.…So all we have to do is go over here to this little panel here that looks like a…planet Earth and click on it, and you'll see that it's the World panel.…
Now in here we have a number of controls to add color and gradients to our background.…Now the first one you want to take a look at is the Horizon Color.…If I click on this, it brings up a color picker. And so let's say I wanted to…have a blue-sky background, so all I have to do is find the blue that I like and click OK.…So once I have that, I can hit a render and you'll see that this horizon color is…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.