This video covers creating shape keys for the elbow joint. The shape keys are applied directly to the deform cage. Since the cage is fairly low poly, this turns out to be easier than applying shape keys to a higher poly character model.
- [Instructor] Well, now that we've created our driver,…we need to create the shape key…that the driver is going to affect.…Before I do so though, now that I've made…all these changes over here in the driver's panel,…I think I'll come up here and click on update dependencies…just to make sure that all our changes have been updated.…The next thing I'll do is come over here…and go into edit mode for the deform cage…and also I'll hit the T key,…and let's go into the options tab…and let's turn off X Mirror and Topology Mirror,…so we're only working on one side at a time.…
I'll hit the T key again to close that.…Because what we wanna do is edit the cage for one side…and then mirror the shape key over…rather than the transformations of our points.…All right, so now that we're here,…let's go ahead and begin working on the forearm.…I think what I'll do is I'll go into face mode…and I'll frame that up with the period key…and maybe I'll take these two faces…and just pull those up just a bit.…
I'll hit the G key and just pull that up just a little bit,…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.