Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating seamless textures, part of Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unity.
- [Voiceover] Now so far we've been exporting our UV Maps…out to Photoshop, and then applying textures…directly to the pattern of the UV Islands.…That is one way to create your textures,…and it's certainly a very precise way to do it.…If you need your textures to be in a precise location…on the model, then that is the way you have to do it.…However, if the texture is a general, non-repeating texture,…say, like our walkways or even some of the pipes,…we can create seamless textures that can just be applied…directly to the UVd model in Unity.…
So let me show you what I mean.…Let's just say we have this texture…and we would like to create a seamless texture…for it, to use on our models in Unity.…So the first thing we need to do is to trim out…all the unneeded portions of the image.…Now, we don't of course need all of this up here.…I'm going to drag, select, with the Marquee tool,…this area maybe right about in here.…This looks like a pretty good area.…
And what I'm going to do is I'm going to press…control, or command c,…
- Testing the scale
- Modeling buildings and pipes
- Creating walkways
- UV mapping
- Creating textures
- Importing the scene in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working in Scale
2. Modeling the Buildings and Pipes
3. Modeling the Walkways
4. UV Mapping the Scene
5. Creating Materials and Textures
6. Importing the Scene into Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.