Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the fenders, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- [Voiceover] To create the fenders,…I'm gonna use a very similar process…that we used for the tires,…and the gas tank,…but instead of this time using primitives,…like a cube and a cylinder,…we're just gonna use a polygon plane.…So I'm gonna come over here to the Create tab,…and click Plane and there it is.…And I'm gonna scale it down some,…and now I'm gonna go to the side view…and the orthographic view,…and just hit the G key…and move it up into place.…Maybe, we can begin it right here in the center…of the fender,…right there.…
And if I tumble back around,…we can see that it's sitting kind of there…in the center,…aligned down the Y axis.…So, once again if I tab into Edit mode,…and then hit Control + R,…and place an edge right there down the center,…hitting the Enter key twice,…now I can switch to Face mode,…and select that face,…and delete Faces.…Now, we come over here,…add a Modifier,…Mirror,…and now we've got our polygon plane mirrored over.…
I'm gonna go ahead and click this button right here…to make sure that we can see the Edit Cage on both sides.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.