Creating Rigid Body Simulations in Blender
Meet the family of rigid body simulation tools available in Blender and learn how to create realistic 3D movement and collisions. Author Joel Bradley starts with a simple rigid body simulation, where you choose a collision type, set the initial state, add basic properties, and output a render. He then introduces techniques for creating more advanced collisions with proxy objects, concave objects, force fields, and constraints. Finally learn how to create interesting fracture patterns and effects, and control fractured geometry more easily with the Bullet Viewport Constraints tool.
- Setting up objects for simulation
- Setting up the physics world
- Choosing a collision type
- Applying a collision shape
- Creating an animated rigid body
- Baking to keyframes
- Working with the mesh collision shape
- Adding a force field to the mix
- Understanding constraints
- Creating fracture patterns
- Hi there! My name is Joel Bradley, and welcome to our look at Creating Rigid Body Simulations in Blender. We're going to start the course by diving straight into creating a simple rigid body dynamic simulation. Chapter Two will advance our ability to use rigid body simulations by showing us how it can work with proxy objects, concave meshes, as well as Blender's force fields. As no complex simulation scenarios can be handled without our being able to understand and make use of constraints, we're going to use the entirity of Chapter Three to become familiar with the options that we have available in Blender.
Finally, we will be taking some time to take a look at the tools available for creating very cool geometry fracture effects in Blender. As a bonus, we will also show how we can use the powerful Bullet Viewport Constraint add-on, that can make working with and controlling our fractured geometry a whole lot easier. As we clearly have lots of ground to cover, let's dive right in and get started.
Rendering Using Cycles in Blender103,811 Views
Vehicle Modeling in Blender47,765 Views
Rigging a Humanoid Character with Blender29,365 Views
Materials and Lighting in Unity63,656 Views
Sculpting Portraits in ZBrush62,772 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Blender Essential Training1,794,625 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views