Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create object-based lighting in cycles, part of Blender Essential Training.
- Another way to create lights for cycles…renders is to use an object light.…Now, this allows you to take any object…in the scene and turn it into a light,…and it's great way to create custom light…sources that have custom shapes.…I'm going to go ahead and turn on rendering here…for this view port, and as you can see…we've got Ambient Occlusion on.…Now I'm going to leave that one for just a second,…and then we'll turn it off when we create…the object light.…I'm just to create a simple object,…so I'm going to go into Create,…and then I'm just going to create…a cylinder.…
My cylinder is created over here,…and then I'm going to stretch it a bit…to make it into more of a tube.…Then I'm going to position it in my scene…a little bit ahead of this table.…Now I'm going to turn this into a light.…In fact, let's just go ahead…and put that in the scene so we can actually see it.…So this is my cylinder.…
I'm going to create a material for that,…so I'm going to go over to the Materials tab,…and under New I'm going to press plus,…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.