- [Instructor] Now let's add some lights to our scene…using Cycles.…Now Cycles supports a number of different lights,…so let's go ahead and just look at some of the basic lights,…and then we'll move in to the more advanced stuff.…So I have a scene here, and I've got my Viewport set up…for rendering, so this bottom left Viewport,…I'm going to go ahead and turn on Rendered.…Now if you notice, there is actually light in the scene,…but there are no lights, and the reason for that is…that I have Ambient Occlusion turned on.…
So we need to turn that off before we start adding lights.…So we can go over to our World tab, and scroll down…until we find Ambient Occlusion, and turn that off.…And so now you can see I have no lights in my scene.…So let's go ahead and add some in.…So I'm going to go over to my Create panel,…and under Lamp you'll see we have Point, Sun, Spot,…Hemi and Area.…So I'm going to go ahead and create a Point light.…Now Point lights are realistic lights, they fall off…with distance, so when I add this into the scene,…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 8/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added a single movie on unwrapping objects, a technique that works differently in Blender 2.7. The rest of the instructions in the course work equally well with Blender 2.6 and Blender 2.7.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: using the Node Editor.
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.