Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling the hips and body, part of Blender Essential Training.
Once you have your IK handle set up, you can now start to manipulate your character,…but often it's a good idea to add a third control at the hips so that way you…have your classic three- point control for your character.…So right now I have two little IK handles here and those control the feet of the character.…But I really want to also be able to control the hips.…Now right now I can select the armature itself and go into Object mode and move…that, but that's kind of a little tedious.…
I'd like to be able to just grab another object in the scene rather than…going into that armature.…So I am going to turn this back to Pose mode, and let's go into Wireframe here.…So what I want to do is add something around the hips that I can grab so I…can move the character.…Probably the easiest thing to do is just to add a curve called a circle.…We are often ready with circles here. And just go ahead and move that up so that…it's somewhere around the hips.…In fact, if we want to we could snap, but it's just along as it's close, we should be okay.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.