Character Modeling in Blender
Learn to model a professional character design with topology that deforms properly when it is animated, using Blender, the free, powerful 3D modeling toolset that rivals many more costly packages. Ryan Kittleson starts with a mesh based on a reference image, blocking out basic shapes, and then shows how to sculpt the body, appendages, and head as well as complex details like clothing and hair. He also covers the new Dyntopo sculpting interface for shaping and subdividing meshes at the very same time. A series of challenge and solution videos near the end of the chapters allow you to test yourself on the material.
- Creating a mesh object
- Mirroring a model
- Extruding and cutting polygons
- Using multiresolution sculpting to sculpt the body and head
- Drawing new topology
- Connecting different body parts
- Retopologizing the model
- Sculpting anatomical details
- Making clothing
- Brushing with texture maps
- Hi, I'm Ryan Kittleson and welcome to Character Modeling in Blender. In this course I'll show you Blender's powerful work flow for sculpting and modeling characters along with clothing. First, I'm going to explain the various tools for modeling a character in Blender based on a reference image. Then, I'll show you not only how to sculpt a model but how to retopologize it so that it deforms correctly in animation. I'll cover the whole process of creating characters, from setting up image planes, to blocking out basic shapes and working in details.
Blender is a great program for creating characters. And even though it's free, it rivals the capabilities of software costing thousands of dollars. This course builds off of basic 3D and Blender skills. So it's recommended that you already understand the core concepts of modeling and using Blender's interface. As a character modeler, I'm always looking for better ways to work and Blender has proven itself as a great tool for this purpose. Well, I'm excited to start Character Modeling with Blender and I hope you are too.
Let's get to it.
ZBrush 4 Essential Training829,409 Views
Character Rigging in Maya423,919 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training646,265 Views
Product Shots in Blender64,811 Views
2D Animation Principles248,969 Views
Blender Essential Training1,794,625 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views