- View Offline
- Creating a mesh object
- Mirroring a model
- Extruding and cutting polygons
- Using multiresolution sculpting to sculpt the body and head
- Drawing new topology
- Connecting different body parts
- Retopologizing the model
- Sculpting anatomical details
- Making clothing
- Brushing with texture maps
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Ryan Kittleson and welcome to Character Modeling in Blender. In this course I'll show you Blender's powerful work flow for sculpting and modeling characters along with clothing. First, I'm going to explain the various tools for modeling a character in Blender based on a reference image. Then, I'll show you not only how to sculpt a model but how to retopologize it so that it deforms correctly in animation. I'll cover the whole process of creating characters, from setting up image planes, to blocking out basic shapes and working in details.
Blender is a great program for creating characters. And even though it's free, it rivals the capabilities of software costing thousands of dollars. This course builds off of basic 3D and Blender skills. So it's recommended that you already understand the core concepts of modeling and using Blender's interface. As a character modeler, I'm always looking for better ways to work and Blender has proven itself as a great tool for this purpose. Well, I'm excited to start Character Modeling with Blender and I hope you are too.
Let's get to it.