Join Patrick W. Crawford for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓Challenge: Create a simple script, part of Blender: Python Scripting.
- [Instructor] Now it's time for a little challenge.…The task is, using the provided Blender file,…you are to create two Python commands…that can run in the interactive console.…For the first task, you are to change the scale…of all the selected objects to 2,2,2.…For the second task, you are to print out the name…of each object in the active scene only,…whether or not it is selected.…You should be able to complete these two tasks…using what we have covered in this chapter,…in particular, making use of the shortcut key,…control+space for auto-complete, and the interactive console…to explore the different data paths available to you.…
I would expect this task…to take no more than five to ten minutes.…When you're ready, take a look at the solution video…to see how I approach solving these two tasks.…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Controlling Blender with code
- Exploring the bpy library
- Creating Blender operators and properties
- Writing scripts
- Auto running scripts
- Drawing interface elements such as panels and menus
- Building a custom add-on
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controlling Blender through Code
2. Create Blender Scripts
3. Customize Blender Interfaces
4. Build Your Own Add-On
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.