Join Patrick W. Crawford for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓Challenge: Create a panel layout, part of Blender: Python Scripting.
- [Instructor] Now let's do a challenge…that involves creating your own custom draw function.…Starting with the provided Blend file…and the loaded in Python file,…you're to create a panel that has two rows.…Where the first row has two columns of operators…and a second row has three columns of operators.…In Blender, the resulting panel should look…something like this; however, when you run script…on the challenge start.pyton file,…you'll see this panel here.…Using the provided operator, you can use the layout.row…and layout.column structural components…to create the desired panel.…
This task should take you about 10 to 15 minutes.…When you're ready take a look at the next video,…where I go over how I solve this problem.…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Controlling Blender with code
- Exploring the bpy library
- Creating Blender operators and properties
- Writing scripts
- Auto running scripts
- Drawing interface elements such as panels and menus
- Building a custom add-on
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controlling Blender through Code
2. Create Blender Scripts
3. Customize Blender Interfaces
4. Build Your Own Add-On
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.