Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the fork tubes, part of Blender: Model a Motorcycle.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- To create these forked tubes here,…I think all we need to do is begin with a cylinder.…We could use paths for this,…but I don't think we really need to,…so I'll go to the side view and the orthographic view…with the three and the five keys on the number pad,…and let me hit the z key to go to wireframe,…and we've got enough objects here now that…we're beginning not to be able to see the reference image,…so I'm just gonna go over to a new layer here,…and it looks to me like this is one piece, this silver part,…and then this black piece is another object.…
So let's begin by creating a cylinder.…I'll come over here to the create tab,…click on cylinder, and there it is.…Now we don't need 32 sides to this cylinder.…I think all we really need is 12.…And in addition, the cap fill here,…we can probably go with no cap fill at all for this,…so I'll just click on nothing, and now let's just…hit the g key and move it up into place.…Let's hit the r key and rotate it,…and I'll begin to scale this down.…
Now, once we get it to about the right size,…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.