Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Boolean tools, part of Blender Essential Training.
Another nice modifier is the Boolean Modifier.…Now, this is familiar to anybody who has used CAD or solid modeling, and what…it does is it allows you to take one object and use it to cut away or add to another object.…So let's take a look at how to use this.…I've got two objects here;…I've got a Cylinder and a Cube.…So I am going to go ahead and select the Cylinder and move it down so that…it overlaps the Cube.…In fact, we should probably take a look at this in Wireframe.…
I just want this to make sure that it's intersecting that Cube.…Now, I'm going to select the Cube, itself leaving the Cylinder unselected and we…are going to go over to the Modifiers Panel of that Cube and add a Modifier, and…in this case we are going to add the Boolean Modifier.…Now, at this point it's not doing anything, and that's because we need to select…the object to be the effecter.…In other words, the object is going to cut or add to the Cube.…
If we click here, we can select Cylinder and now something happens.…In fact, it's probably better to take a look at this in Wireframe, because the…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.