Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the tire-tread pattern, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now that the vehicle's body is done, let's go…ahead and move onto accessories.…We're going to start off with wheels and tires.…But before we do anything let's go ahead and…just hide the vehicle, so that way we have…room to work.…Now we're going to create the wheels and tires…using a couple of methods.…We're going to start off by creating the tires…by modeling the treads, and then revolving them…into a tire shape, and from there we're going…to move onto the rest of the wheels.…So I have an image out there in the Chapter Four…folder, it's called tire tread, and it looks like…this, and so we can import that as an image…plane and use it as reference.…
So I'm going to go File, Import, Images as Planes,…and then we should have a file out here called…Tire Tread, and that should be…in your Chapter Four folder.…And when I bring it in, well it brings up my tire tread.…So I can use this as background reference to…model, so I'm going to move that a little below…the origin, and we're going to create a simple plane.…And we're going to model onto that plane, so…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.