Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the rear fender, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now, we're gonna go ahead and…finish the rear end of the vehicle.…We've gotten the doors and the side panels,…so let's go ahead and block out the…basic rear fender of the vehicle.…Now, we're gonna do this pretty much like we've done before.…We're just gonna extrude detail and merge vertices.…So, it's a pretty straightforward process here.…So, I'm gonna go into Edit mode, go into Edge mode here,…and we're just gonna kinda pick up where we left off.…I'm gonna take this edge here, make sure I get them all,…and then I'm going to extrude.…
So, I'm gonna go Extrude Region here,…and what I'm trying to do is I'm trying to line…this up with the detail on the wheel well.…So, I'm going to extrude once this way…and then extrude again for this one.…Now, as I do this I need to pay…attention to my top view as well…because one of the things you're gonna notice here…is that for this particular vehicle it kind of…curves back as it goes towards the rear-end of the vehicle,…and my edge loops are already…kind of pulling away from that.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.