Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi. I'm Darrin Lile and welcome to Blender Motorcycle Modeling. In this course, we'll explore hard surface modeling techniques in Blender as we create a motorcycle based on the iconic Harley Davidson Fat Boy. We'll talk about importing reference images, Blender's modifiers, like the solidify modifier, and the Boolean's modifier. We'll use the path tool to create pipes and tubes. And we'll also go over setting up materials and lighting and textures.
And in the end we'll render out a final image. So if you've ever wanted to create hard surface models or vehicles in Blender, then this is the course for you. So let's get started with Blender Motorcycle Modeling.
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.