- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
- [Narrator] Hi, I'm George Maestri and welcome to the course. Today we're gonna take a look at Blender 3D. Blender is a very powerful 3D modelling, animation and rendering application. It can be used to create visuals for animations, special effects and gaming. Probably one of the best things about Blender, is that it's free. It's an open-source application available for OS X, Windows or Linux. In this course, we'll take a look at the basics of the Blender interface and then we'll dive into modelling.
We'll go over Polygonal modelling in Blender, so you can build your own objects and characters. After that, we'll work with rendering for both the Blender Renderer as well as Cycles and we'll show you how to light and render your scenes. We'll also take a look at how to create glossy, reflective and transparent materials as well as how to apply Bitmaps to your objects and how to map them in the UV Editor. And we'll take a look at animation including Character Rigging where we will build a simple character rig.
So let's go ahead and get started with Blender.
Q: This course was updated on 8/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added a single movie on unwrapping objects, a technique that works differently in Blender 2.7. The rest of the instructions in the course work equally well with Blender 2.6 and Blender 2.7.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: using the Node Editor.
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.