A mesh deform modifier is added to the character so that the BlenRig deform cage can control the character. Once that is done, the rig can be moved to see if there are any stray vertices that remain outside of the cage.
- Since the last video, I've done a little adjusting here.…And, just tried to place the points as best I can,…to encompass the character.…But we're never really gonna know if we got it correct,…until we actually bind the character…and move it around and see what points move…with the deform cage and what points stay in place.…So, let's give it a try.…I'm gonna tab back into object mode.…And I'll select the body of the character.…
And then go over here to the modifier's panel…and we just need to add a new modifier to the stack, here.…I'm gonna click on this and choose mesh deform.…And I'll bring it up to the top of the stack.…Now, what we need to do is select an object…that's actually going to deform the mesh…and that object is this BlenRig_mdef_cage,…so we want to choose that.…And in addition we also want to do this…for the head as well because the head…and the body are two different objects for this character.…
So I'll add a modifier for that and click mesh deform.…Bring it up to the top of the stack…and add that BlenRig_mdef_cage object.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.