Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Bending the tread into a tire, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- I've modeled my tire tread, and now it's time…for me to turn that into a full tire.…Now I've got this on an object called plane,…but let's go ahead and rename that, we're…just going to call it tire for now, and I…have a plane here called tire tread, and that's…really the image plane that I used to create that.…Now I don't need that anymore so I can either…delete it or hide it.…I'm going to go ahead and just delete it out,…because I don't need it anymore.…And now I'm going to open up the reference for…the side and the front view of the vehicle.…
And you can see that well, my tire tread isn't in…the right place, but I can start moving that…where I need it to be.…So I'm going to go into my side view first, and…I want to place it basically just at the…bottom center of that tire.…I'm going to try and make sure I get it centered,…and then from the front I want to make sure…that it's aligned from the center as well.…And you can see that well, it's way too wide.…So I'm going to go ahead and just scale this down uniformly,…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.