Once the retargeting is complete, it's time to learn about the process of baking it into position. This changes the size and shape of the deformation cage to match your character. This video also goes over the BlenRig baking panel and learn how to fix joints and calculate bone rolls.
- [Narrator] Before we bake the rig…we should make sure that all of…our controls are exactly where…we want them to be.…Now there's a couple of things that…I should work on here before we bake the rig.…One of them is the nose bridge control…and it's right here.…With this nose bridge control…we can adjust the shape of the nose…control that we placed earlier.…So I'm gonna go to the side orthographic…view so that we can see this a little…better and I'll just move this.…
And you can see we can adjust this control…so it matches the shape of our character's nose.…In addition there are a couple of other controls here.…One is for eyeglasses and we can, of course,…adjust these and put them in place.…But our character doesn't have any glasses…so we won't be using these.…But if you did, the glasses objects could be…parented to this control and then this control…is what would actually be animated.…The same thing here for the hat control.…
You can place this wherever you like and if…your character has a hat, you just parent…the hat to this object.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.