Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning materials to objects, part of Blender Essential Training.
Once you've modeled an object, the next step is to add some color and shading to that object.…We can do this using Blender's materials.…So in this lesson, we're going to go through some of the basics of materials and…how to apply them to your objects.…So in this scene I have a simple sphere and a cylinder.…So let's go ahead and start off with the sphere.…I am going to right-click on it and go over here to the Properties panel.…Now materials are applied and managed under this panel here.…
It has a little circle here, and it looks like a sphere.…And in this case, we have no materials in the scene, so nothing shows up.…It's kind of blank.…If we want, we can add in a material.…If there are materials in the scene, you will find them here.…And obviously, we don't have one, so we're going to have to create a new one.…So I am going to hit on this plus sign here for New and all of a sudden the…interface lights up.…We have a material here up on our slot, and we can have multiple materials per…object, and we'll get to that in just a little bit.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.