Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating properties, part of Blender Essential Training.
One of the really nice things about Blender is that you can animate just about anything.…Now we took a look at how to animate an object's position and orientation in…space, but you can animate really any property of an object. Everything from…the color of an object to the brightness of the light, really anything that…you can add a number to, you can animate.…So let's take a look at how to animate some lights in this scene to see how to…animate things other than motion.…Now I have this scene here, which is the car driving through the scene from the…last lesson, and we have a light in that scene.…
It's called point light.…Now, if we want to see it, we can go ahead into our viewport and just turn on…Textured mode and we can the brightness of the light in this mode.…So you see we have an Energy value for this light that we can turn up and down.…So let's go ahead and turn the light off and dim it back on.…This Energy is kind of like the dimmer for a light, so let's go ahead and animate it.…So we are going to go ahead and start with this at 0.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.