Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating objects, part of Blender Essential Training.
In Blender we create animation by setting keyframes, so let's go ahead and…create a simple animation and learn about how to set keyframes.…I have a simple scene here with a car sitting on a ground plane, so let's go…ahead and animate this car driving across the screen.…Now before we do this, I'm going to actually scale down the length of my animation.…By default, we have this set to 250 frames, and it'll definitely take a lot less…than 250 frames for this car to drive across the screen.…
So I'm going to go down to my Start and End values here and I'm going to type in…60 for my End value.…Now when I do that, notice how a lot of Timeline goes away and my active area…just shrinks down to the left side of the screen.…Now, I can expand this in a couple of ways, but probably one of the easiest is to…grab this little dot here on the side and then just drag. What that does is it…scales up my Timeline.…Now if I want to center this, I can just left-click on the Timeline anywhere I…want and move left or right and that will pan the Timeline itself.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.